Since the club was founded, Minneapolis City SC has been dedicated to providing unique opportunities for Minnesota soccer players. The purpose of our programming is to help bridge the gap between youth soccer and college, pro, and professionally-amateur soccer for Minnesota’s most promising players.
The Minneapolis City Prep Camp is a soccer camp that will focus on immersing soccer players in a high-intensity, ultra-competitive environment to prepare young players for their upcoming fall high school and collegiate seasons. Camp dates are typically the first week of August.
The soccer camp staff consists of accredited and USSF-licensed coaches from the Minneapolis City coaching pool as well as players from Minneapolis City’s teams that compete in the USA’s top pre-professional divisions (USL, UPSL).
Who is this soccer camp for?
- Soccer players, age 15-20.
- Players seeking a competitive training environment prior to joining their high school or college pre-season.
- Players who desire exposure to Minneapolis City’s playing style, principles, and coaching methodology.
- Players interested in being identified as a prospect for the future seasons Mpls City Futures Program and Minneapolis City Senior Team.
What is included?
- Two training sessions with Minneapolis City players and staff.
- Minneapolis City SC Training Shirt
- Support from Certified Athletic Trainers from Twin Cities Orthopedics
- Goalkeeper-specific training sessions
The soccer camp is staffed by existing members of the Minneapolis City SC coaching staff as well as current/former players. On occasion, the staff will be augmented by guest coaches from the Minnesota soccer community.
JEREMIAH JOHNSON Camp Director – Minneapolis City Futures Head Coach
ELI BAKER Camp Coach – Minneapolis City Futures Assistant Coach
BRENDAN DOYLE Camp Coach – Minneapolis City Futures Assistant Coach
ADAM PRIBYL Camp GK Coach
EVAN SIEFKEN Camp Coach – Minneapolis City SC Goalkeeper
AARON OLSON Camp Coach – Former Minneapolis City SC First Team Captain
TYLER DAVID Camp Coach – Minneapolis City SC First Team
- What is Minneapolis City SC? We’re a 501c3 amateur club focused on local players and competing in the top national amateur league in the country, USL League Two, as well as in the National Premier Soccer League, and in the U.S. Open Cup. Perennially one of the top teams in the NPSL, City has helped nurture two players on their journey to MLS since 2016: Brandon Bye (New England Revolution) and Luke Haakenson (Nashville SC), as well as others to various professional clubs in the U.S. and abroad.
- How do I get in touch? Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do players need to bring to camp? Players should come prepared in soccer-specific attire and footwear appropriate for an artificial field turf surface (no studs). Players must also bring a properly inflated ball and water bottle clearly marked with their name. Shin guards are required.